HOW DID YOUR NAME ORIGINATE?
We wanted something that represented strength and adaptability. Stone Sea came
out as a mix of both, as both words oppose each-other completely.
- WHERE WAS YOUR FIRST GIG AND HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE THERE?
First Stone Sea gig in Ireland was in a venue called Fibber Magees. There were around 80 people there.
- WHEN WAS YOUR LAST DAY OFF AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH IT?
Haha, I think we’re having an overdose of day off’s with all this corona virus situation to be honest. We’re all at our homes, watching series, reading, studing our instruments, music production, another language, meditating, doing yoga, composing. Whatever thing that could keep our brains active.
- WHAT IS SOMETHING - APART FROM YOUR PHONE OR WALLET - THAT HAS TO BE IN YOUR VICINITY AT ALL TIMES?
One thing we always keep in our pockets is our earplugs. Something that was taught between musicians if we don’t want to end up like Beethoven.
- WHICH SONG BY ANOTHER ARTIST DO YOU WISH YOU'D WRITTEN?
We can all agree with Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. What a piece.
- WHAT'S BEEN THE MOST SURREAL FAN MOMENT?
During a gig I remember people being really excited about a song we were playing and there was this lad with a whiskey cup in one hand and a beer in another, really really drunk. I think he slipped on the floor and half of his beer went on a old lady’s face and his whole whiskey went on his T-shirt. Someone else felt slipped behind because of the wet floor and it was a chain of people falling. It was a mess; fun to watch it though.