HOW DID YOUR NAME ORIGINATE?
The name comes from a Judge Dredd story in 2000AD comic. It’s the opposite of a beauty parlour, people go there to deliberately get ugly! As we generally despise all forms of bland, manufactured pretty-boy pop music, the name resonated with us
- WHERE WAS YOUR FIRST GIG AND HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE THERE?
Our first gig was at Krakatoa in Aberdeen. It’s a legendary local dive bar / music venue. They do a lot for the local music scene and host touring bands too. There were probably around 100 people there, so we were pleased by that.
- WHEN WAS YOUR LAST DAY OFF AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH IT?
We’ve had nothing but days off since the Coronavirus thing started. We actually can’t wait to get started again.
- WHAT IS SOMETHING - APART FROM YOUR PHONE OR WALLET - THAT HAS TO BE IN YOUR VICINITY AT ALL TIMES?
A clean pair of underpants.
- WHICH SONG BY ANOTHER ARTIST DO YOU WISH YOU'D WRITTEN?
New Rose by The Damned. The very first British punk single and still one of the best.
- WHAT'S BEEN THE MOST SURREAL FAN MOMENT?
We had a guy turn up in a Chewbacca costume at out last gig in Inverness. Nobody else was in fancy dress, just him. Maybe he goes out like that all the time – seeing as how it’s Inverness we’re talking about, that wouldn’t surprise me at all! h.